1989 Austin Mini 998cc
£££ SOLD £££
Please click HERE to be redirected to another site containing many close-ups.
This cracking little Mini is in great order and is ready for everyday use. It’s had a great deal of work carried out during its life, and in particular, over the past few years. MOT until 28th July 2016 and has had just four previous owners.
The previous owner carried out a restoration to make the car into a 60s-style Cooper. Work included:
· Mk1 grill and de-lipped bonnet, along with Mk2 rear lights
· Cobra low-back classic bucket seats
· Rear roll-cage and harnesses (mounting points still there for standard belts if you wanted to swap back)
· Full Stage 1 998cc kit from Minisport
· Electronic ignition
· Solid-mounted front subframe
· Hi-lows and G-Max shockers all round, polybushed front suspension, adjustable lower arms.
· New balljoints and knuckles
· New wiper motor and arms etc
· All new door seals/weather strips etc
· New carpet set
· Group 6 wheelarches and Supalite alloy wheels
· Dash-top rev counter, and extra gauge panel
· …and much, much more!
Bodily, the car is in very nice order. All the seams, door bottoms etc are very solid and all the panel gaps are great. There are a few areas of bubbling which the new owner may want to sort out but it’s quite usable as it is and won’t deteriorate in a hurry. The paint finish is bright, and the same colour – no nasty mismatched external panels
This age of Mini makes a nice car for regular use, and they’re great fun to drive! The engine runs very well indeed, does not overheat and pulls well. The brakes and suspension are also in great order and the car rides well with no nasty clunks or rattles. The gearbox is nice and smooth with no worn synchromesh, another common issue with many Minis.
There are no nasty patches of welding anywhere and you’ll have nothing to worry about for the next MOT, I don’t think! The subframes are both in good order, as are the mounting points on the bodywork, and the sills and floors etc are all solid too. The interior is very clean and tidy indeed – the seats and headlining are in great order, as are the carpets and doorcards.
All in all, this is a really clean and tidy car, and is priced very reasonably for a quick sale. If you come and have a look, you certainly won’t be disappointed. It would also be ideal for a new driver, as it’s a 998cc – insurance will be much more affordable!